Download Windows 7 original ISO, Retail & OEM
The Windows 7 original ISO disk (retail) can be downloaded directly from the official Microsoft website. But the solution also exists for an OEM ISO disk. Although until the last few days Microsoft has offered to download only retail ISO disc.
An Windows 7 original ISO disk can be called as when that copy is untouched. It is clear that the most recommended would be downloading from the official source. But at least Microsoft has so far offered the option of downloading only for retail discs. When there is no possibility of downloading the OEM copy from the official source then we need alternative solutions.
It is possible to download Windows 8 and Windows 10 from Microsoft. But downloading Windows 7 has restrictions. This is really weird and not at all fair.
However, if you do not know the difference between a Retail and OEM click on this link.
Here is how to download Windows 7 original ISO Retail disk.
- First make sure you have a product key, but not for OEM media. Here’s a tutorial on installing Windows 7, including how to find your Product key.
- Visit Microsoft page to download Windows 7. Copy this URL and paste in your browser.
- Enter your Windows 7 product key then click verify (see images below)
- If your product key is ok just follow instruction in your screen to download Windows 7 Original ISO.
But, if you are using an OEM product key then you will see the error message as in the picture below. You need to find an alternative solution.
Where to download Windows 7 original ISO OEM disk.
There is an option to download a Windows 7 from your computer manufacturer if you only have the OEM media product key. However, this is a more complicated solution. You must have some information about purchasing the device. You also have to pay a fee to get a recovery media from the manufacturer.
If you are unable to obtain this copy then you should find an alternative solution. Below we will list some links where you can download original copies of Windows 7, but of course without a license. You will need to use your product key later. But remember to download the version of Windows 7 for which you have the license.
You can use this sources to download Windows 7.
- Windows 7 Enterprise X86 (32-Bit) and X64 (64-Bit) ↗
- Windows 7 Professional X86 (32-Bit) and X64 (64-Bit) ↗
- Windows 7 Home Premium X86 (32-Bit) and X64 (64-Bit) ↗
- Windows 7 Ultimate X86 (32-Bit) and X64 (64-Bit) ↗
- Windows 7 Starter Edition (32-bit) ↗
- Windows 7 Home Basic X86 (32-Bit) ↗
Downloading Windows through this service requires that you grant GetMyOS access to your Google Drive. It’s your choice whether you want to do it or not.