In some cases, the attributes of files remain modified as a result of the infection, while the same infection creates new files with the same names and icons. You do not have to open the masked files, because they are infected. You must remove hidden, system and read only file attributes through cmd.
So, How to remove hidden, system and read only file attributes in Windows through cmd?
- Click -Run, type cmd, right click run as Administrator.
- If your usb or hard drive letter is D: , enter: d:attrib -h -s *.* /s /d -t , Press Enter.
This was for the hidden attributes of the files caused by virus, especially in Windows XP.
By default, hidden and system files can’t be shown. The standard option to show hidden, extensions and system files is as follows:
- In Windows XP, open explorer or any folder, Click Tools, Folder Options, View, Check “Show hidden files and folders”, uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types” and “Hide protected operating system files”.
- For Windows 10, click in this internal link: https://www.indexofapps.com/windows-10-folder-options/.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 options are almost the same.